2014. június 27., péntek

What do I need to do NOW to scuba dive on a trip later this year?


I'm in the planning stages for a trip this fall/winter and I plan on going scuba diving and mountain biking. Based on threads I've seen here, I am looking at Costa Rica primarily and perhaps Nassau.


Do I need to get a scuba certification here in the states first? I have no equipment or training whatsoever and I'd like to be able to jump in and do my thing with a professional diving company wherever I end up going. Also, if anyone has any advice or recommendations on such a company and specific locations, please advise! I'd kind of like the comfort of a sort of guided experience.


Is Costa Rica going to be good for mountain biking as well? Can I rent a bike and hit some trails in the rain forest?


Thanks!