2014. június 28., szombat

Is it possible to change the name on a British Airways flight?


I have booked a flight with my sister this summer to Bermuda to visit some family who live out there. However, I have just been offered an amazing opportunity at work and therefore I can no longer go on holiday. Although my sister is happy to go on her own, I would hate for the ticket to be wasted and therefore I would like to change the name so my sister can travel with her friend.


We are flying with British Airways from Gatwick, but we booked it through Budget Air. However, when I phoned up budget air, and said I would be willing to pay any name changing fees, they said it was impossible because changing names is against Aviation law (which i'm sure isn't true because my friend managed to change the name on her flight to Ibiza last summer.)


Is it impossible to change names? Has anyone managed to change the name on a British Airways flight before?