2014. június 28., szombat

Please give me your opinion on my European itinerary


Hi r/travel! My wife and I are planning a trip to Europe in December/January. I know the weather is very cold in some places at that time of year, but we are set on it and are willing to endure it. I may as well mention that we are both young: I'll be 27 and she'll be 24. I've been to Europe twice but she hasn't been there. We wanted to create a balance between the must-see places which I'd like to return to (Paris, Rome, etc.) and some new places for myself. The maximum amount of nights we can spare is 23. Also, we want to take advantage of the EURail 4-country pass (what do you think about this?). Also, we "must" begin and finish in the same city, since that cuts airfare costs. Anyway, after much thinking this is how we have defined our itinerary up to now:


Nights City


3 Paris


3 Florence


4 Rome


2 Venice


2 Salzburg


4 Vienna


2 Munich


2 Heidelberg


1 Paris


If you look at these cities on a map, they more or less form a nice little path around Switzerland.


We are definitely willing to tire ourselves a bit in order to see more places. But what do you think? Is it too much? Any suggestions on some of the cities? (Especially the smaller ones)


Thanks!