2014. június 29., vasárnap

Hey r/travel, I'm visiting Europe and need some help.


Hello everybody. I'll be traveling through Europe from August 10th to September 20th and need some help. On the 21th I have to be in London. I've done a lot of research, but I need some help in some things. Hopefully I can learn a thing or two from your past experiences. Here's the list of places and days I have planned:


Barcelona - 3 nights. I leave on the fourth day. So it's three full days in Barcelona.


Milan - 5 nights. I'm going to visit Cinque Terre from here, and one of these 5 nights I'll probably spend it there. So It's actually 4 nights Milan 1 Cinque Terre. Then I come back to Milan to take the next flight.


Dubrovinik - 2 nights.


Rome - 5 nights - Includes a visit for the whole day to Capri


Florence - 3 nights


Venice - 3 nights


Munich - 5 nights. Includes a visit for the day to the castle of Neuschwanstein.


Viena - 3 nights


Budapest - 3 nights


Krakow - 4 nights. Includes a visit for the day to Auschwitz.


Prague - 3 nights.


I still have about 2-3 nights that I'm not sure what to do.


Questions:


I was planning on making the following flights: Barcelona-Milan, Milan-Dubrovinik, Dubrovinik-Rome. After that, I'm unsure what to do. I've seen that train is an excellent way to travel Italy, so I thought I'd do Rome-Florence, Florence-Venice.


But after that,


1)How do I get from Venice to Munich? Is train the best option? If so, what company can take me there?


2)Say I get to Munich from Venice. Is Munich-Vienna-Budapest-Krakow-Prague the best route? Is train feasible, or is something else recommended? I've checked RyanAir and Easyjet, but they don't travel between these cities.


3) Am I spending too much time traveling? If traveling by train throughout Italy and Central Europe is the answer, I guess I'll try taking nightly trains.


4) If the past answers have been "Yes, train works". Then I guess Eurorail will make it all cheaper, right?


Honestly, any feedback is welcomed. If you don't wanna answer any question and just wanna throw your opinion please do. Anything is useful :)


And thank you so much for reading this.