2014. június 29., vasárnap

More time and less money, or more money and less time while travelling in Asia? That's my dilemma right now.


Hi!


I recently graduated and have gotten myself a decent job in my hometown (so I will be staying with my parents), I'm on a one year contract and will earn $3300 after taxes each month. I reckon I'll be earmarking $3000 of those for travelling. I don't really intend to work for the full 12 months and quitting the job won't be a problem. So my simple question is, for how long should I work until I leave for Asia?


I have to be back for law school in August next year and this job starts the first of August this year. So should I work for five months and travel for seven months with $15 000 or work for 8 months and travel 4 months with $24k. Or really any combination between.


I have never really done any backpacking before and while I will be trying to keep costs down and stay in decent hostels I reckon I will spend more money than your average backpacker.


So I guess a tl;dr would be if you could do your travelling over again. Would you rather have had more time or more money?