2014. június 30., hétfő

Do I have any recourse for United changing my flight time?


In April, my wife and I booked a vacation to Orlando through Priceline for November. Far in advance of any scheduling conflicts. When we booked we had almost complete free reign over choosing which seats we would like.


Now 2 and a half months later we receive an email from Priceline that our itinerary has changed. When looking at the new flight we are being shifted 2 and a half hours later in the day. I was initially pretty angry as this cuts down on time for our vacation, but cooler heads prevailed as I thought maybe the operation of that particular flight was canceled. But then I decided to do a search for flights and the same flight is available for dates after my trip.


This leads me to believe that they just overbooked our flight and booted us off. So again, I am pretty angry. I know 2.5 hours in the grand scheme of things is insignificant, but had we known that this particular flight was booked we would have changed our vacation to different dates. Is there anything I can do in this situation? In all actuality I would prefer to be placed back on my initial flight rather than compensation, but something would be better than nothing.