2014. június 28., szombat

Here goes nothing!


Hi everybody! I've spent a lot of time browsing this subreddit over the past two years, taking in all the experiences of all the wonderful people who share their adventures on here. I've travelled a bit before, but the past five years I've been pretty stationary in Montreal (where I grew up) working hard at school and saving money, and now I can finally say, I've put in motion my first big adventure out into the world.


This September I'm leaving to do a semester abroad in Cork, Ireland, and it'll be the longest time I've spent a way from home. I've booked my flights, put deposits on my residence, and I've finally let it sink in that it's really happening.


I really just wanted to share this with r/travel as a thank you for inspiring me over the years, and would love if anybody has any experiences with study abroad, Cork or Ireland in general, travel tips for a first-timer, or any other suggestions of places I can visit (I really hope to try and get some cheap flights to other parts of Europe that I've never been to).