2014. június 27., péntek

So, visiting Canada for a few months, but I'm a little confused on what to tell the boarder patrol


So I'm headed to Canada in a few days to spend a few months with my boyfriend. We plan on moving together, as soon as it's possible, and hes hired an immigration lawyer to work on getting permanent residency.


My main concern is being denied entry. Of course I'm not going to risk being barred from the country by attempting to stay longer than allowed, but I haven't been able to find good examples to prove I'd be willing/capable of going back to the US.


Hes financing everything, I quit my job a few months ago as it was horrible and I planned on eventually moving anyways, and he can support us. I've kind of been getting rid of my assets as well. I was going to return my car to the creditor, I've been living with long-time friends,etc. Dropped my apartment a few months ago. I don't have a "real" bank account anymore. I use prepaid Greendot card, as its more convenient as I'm not working and get money sporadically.


So..yeah. xP. First time flying, I have all of my documents, and my recently issued passport.


I spent just about all of my actual cash preparing. And whenever I go back to the US I have my friends who I live with now more than willing to let me stay, and my Shudder parents.


All advice appreciated. I've been looking forward to this for a long time I haven't seen him for a few months. This is my first time really traveling far, and first time flying. A bit nervous. I asked him to contact his immigration lawyer on Monday, hopefully she'll be available to answer questions asap aswell, but just in case not!