2014. június 30., hétfő

1 week vacation UK/France Prepaid Mobile Options


I started looking into options for a cell phone (for emergency calls, calling restaurants/venues for booking/cancellation, etc) and while I'm finding a lot of options, I'm having a hard time figuring out what would be best for a 2-country vacation, over such a short time period.


I read the wiki entry for a foreign SIM on the sidebar as well, but I suppose my request is more aimed at finding a solution that will work for 2 countries in one trip. It looks like EE and Orange Telecom are both under the T-Mobile corporate umbrella so my first thought was to utilize something that might work with both networks.


Some info:


Planning on using my old AT&T GSM iPhone4, having it unlocked, and using a prepaid SIM.


Budget is ~$50USD.


Data would be nice for maps/looking up reviews/etc. - but not necessary if it blows the budget.


Hoping for a single-SIM solution, seeing as my stay is very short in both countries. ~4 days in UK, 3 days in FR. I will be in major cities for the duration of both stays. I expect to use the mobile in UK at least 2x as much as FR.