2014. június 29., vasárnap

I just booked a trip to Reykjavik for next June. Is there any local Icelanders or experienced travelers that can tell me a little about what I should expect and look for?


When I arrive in Iceland I'll be 20 and finished with my first year in college. I'll be spending 3 weeks at a hostel in Reykjavik. What are the young people's scene like? What are the little things that you enjoy/dislike about Iceland? Where do I get an interesting meal? What's up and what's down in "the land of fire and ice"


Now,


I'm mostly interested in the interior and Northern region. I want to hike and mountaineer. I've spent the last 6 months in Colorado doing just that. (I scaled a 14,000 footer (Sneffels) on New Years eve.) Are there any trails around Hörgársveit I have to pursue? I've looked but can't find much consistent information.


Any Icelandic info/tips/stories are welcome.


PS- First post :)