2014. június 29., vasárnap

Traveling and Loneliness


I've been a nomad for three years, before that I had some bad social anxiety I was working on for years. I'm an introvert and basically have no friends.


I've just gotten to the point where I'm really lonely. Even though I know it's better for meeting people, I don't normally stay in hostels, usually apartments, and whenever I have stayed in hostel, have always gotten my own room. I've just had issues staying in a room with 8 other people or whatever due to my social anxiety so have avoided it.


Usually when I meet people it's from a walking tour, but that or staying at hostel is hit or miss. I don't drink and not the party type. After a while even those 3 day friendships or whatever you develop seem superficial since you'll most likely never see these people again. Feels like what's the point after a while.


I'm just not the extroverted outgoing type that will become comfortable around people and open up right away. Has anyone else had issues like this and overcome them? I've kind of settled down in areas for a few months to try and work them out but have been unsuccessful my entire life.