2014. június 29., vasárnap

Short trip to Malaysia for 10 days, is George Town worth more than a day trip?


I'm coming in from Singapore (where I'll have previously spent a week or so), but could reduce this as appropriate to say, 4 days, in order to get a closer to 2 weeks in Malaysia perhaps.


My plan was to head to Kuala Lumpur for 7 days, and George Town for 3 days, before heading into Thailand via a train to Hat Yai.


While Kuala Lumpur is obviously a place to go to, I'm less sure about George Town (although I know that I'll have to head there eventually to catch the train into Thailand).


Should I keep my current (short) route, or is there a better place to head to instead of Georgetown? If I extended the trip by a couple of days by cutting down on Singapore, where should I head?


Context if it helps: first time in the region, will be 18 at the time of travel, backpacking on a budget.


Thanks,

C.