2014. július 30., szerda

Want to Travel to France On My Own, I'll Be 18


I've always loved French culture and the French language and I'll be turning 18 next January, so I figured I would try to make a trip to France. Besides family vacations across a few states, this will be my biggest and longest trip. It will also be the first time I have flown in an airplane. Is this too much for an 18 year old on his own? Also, how much should I try to save up for a good trip? I know a plane ticket is probably close to $2,000 from Detroit to Paris but beyond that, I have no clue what to expect. I don't even know if I want to go to Paris. It's a tossup between Paris, Lyon, or Bordeaux. I know a bit of French, and I'll probably learn more before then. So what I want to know is if this would be too big of a trip for a first timer who is 18, and what should I expect and how much should I save up for a good trip (preferably close to a week long)?


Also, there is a possibility of maybe taking one friend with me but that would mean he (or I) would need to save money for himself.