2014. július 31., csütörtök

I want to move to Canada to live with my wife.


I recently eloped (July 28, 2014) while she was visiting America. We had been talking about living together for a while, but neither of us did any research or pre-planning. At the moment, money isn't the issue. The problem is how overwhelming the process of becoming dual citizen seems.


So far, what I've gathered is:



  • She has to become a sponsor by filling out all these

  • She will have to pay a fee online here

  • I would have to apply and pay the fees for permanent residency in Canada here

  • I would have to apply for a working permit here


The information I seem to be at a loss for is:



  • Is it possible to complete the full process while on a visitors visa?

  • How long would this take?

  • How much will the fees cost in total?


Any extra information you may think of will greatly be appreciated.