2014. július 30., szerda

How to work out a daily budget for my first solo trip


In November I am going to be taking my first solo trip: Myanmar, Cambodia, the Philippines and Singapore. I'm excited to do this, however I have no experience with how to create a budget.


So far I have just been using google and reading blogs, trip reports and dedicated budgeting guides for each country, and I have the Lonely Planet SE Asia on a budget book on order. Ideally, I want to have an average daily budget that would include all costs and then have another 5 pounds or so on top in case of emergency.


How do you all go about planning a budget for a place you've never been before? This website seems to be rather helpful, does anyone have any experience using it?


Also, I'll glady accept any personal budget recommendations or tips.