2014. július 29., kedd

What's been your favorite accidental travel experience?


Reddit, what's been a time where the stars aligned and you got to do something fun or cool that you never planned on?


One of mine happened in Brussels. I was in a beer shop and happened to overhear the store owner talking about his hometown in Iran to another patron. When he was done talking to the guy, I went up to him and introduced myself in Farsi (I'd studied it at university pretty seriously for four years). He was pretty surprised, and we ended up sharing our life stories and just generally shooting the shit for a few hours, while drinking some of his private stock of beers. It lead to me getting my first bottle of Westvleteren XII, which was a bucket list thing for me.


So, reddit, please share some of your serendipitous stories.