2014. július 31., csütörtök

Has anyone completely uprooted themselves and moved to a different state/country where they knew no one?


So basically in exactly a year from now I am planning to leave everything and everyone I know in Atlanta, Georgia and go to Seattle. I don't really have any expectations. Maybe hoping to get a job. My goal for the trip is to stay as long as I can. If I can get a job and support myself I'll stay. If I run out of money I'll just come back home.


Basically, if you've done something like this do you have any words of wisdom to give to someone doing the same things?


EDIT: For clarification. I'll be leaving next summer, July 31 from Atlanta, georgia. I planned to have at least $3,000 saved by then. I'm pretty much just looking for advice from people who have done similar things. As far as lodging I will either sleep in my car, in a hotel, or couch surf. If this post isn't appropriate for this sub can a mod please let me know?