2014. július 30., szerda

Going to Namibia, can someone reassure me it is safe there.


This might sound absurd but I am being lucky enough to go with my family on a trip to Namibia next week, but I am extremely anxious about it.


I didn't want to go at first but got guilt tripped with how long my parents had been saving up for us to all be able to go, I am a 20 year old guy if it makes a difference.


We are going to the south of the country and probably not going further north than Okahandja.


I am just worried about visiting Africa at all, we are doing a lot of safari type stuff, walks on sand dudes etc. I am extremely scared of anything that could be there from snakes/spiders/scorpions to malaria to crime. Also we are doing a canoeing to see seals trip, is it safe to go out on the sea near there, sharks/jellyfish etc...