2014. július 29., kedd

Is it possible to search for flights based on destination city and not origin city?


So my friend was looking for flights to Miami, and he didn't want to search for flights from his origin (Georgia, Europe) but from any other big city in Europe that would have cheap flights to Miami.


We tried everything, but the most we could get was a website that let you search nearby airports and had the option from a distance of 2,000 miles. It was able to show me that flights existed but failed to load them or tell me which airport it was leaving from.


I know you can search by origin and leave the destination blank like on Skyscanner or Kayak or even Google, but the other way round seems impossible. How can one do this without having to type each city manually?


We've already settled on a flight but I would like to know for future use as well because I travel to Europe sometimes and there are plenty of cheap airlines flying to major cities in Europe from where I'm from, but not to the States and sites like Skyscanner don't include those 'cheap' airlines all the time so it'd be nice to have options from a city so I can look up the cheap flights.