2014. július 28., hétfő

[Q] As an europian in Europe for 7 weeks


Hi!


I'm a 30 years old male, from Hungary, never really (just a tiny bit) travelled outside of my county, never flew before. Past couple years, my life is not heading anywere, also i dwelled TOO much time in my confort zone, and it's time to change that.


In 2 weeks i want to start the following journey, alone:



From Budapest Praha (4days) Berlin (4days) Amsterdam (4days) Paris (5days) Madrid (5days) Barcelona (4days) Firenze (4days) Rome (5days) Venezia (3days) Back Home

That's 38days + 9days for traveling. I'm planing to get the Eurail pass for (Germany, France, Spain and Italy). Is it really worth to do Paris -> Madrid by train? It's awful long train ride, same with thing Barcelona -> Firenze. What do you think about this? Also I'm aiming for €60 overall budget for each day.


Tech: I'm not planing to bring a laptop with me, having a compact camera with wifi, and uploading my pictures to Picasa is a reasonable solution? Obv. finding a good wifi network, with proper upload might be challenging.


Here is my main question, how much preparation should i do from each city? I'm not saying that i'm not interested in culture or anything like that, but i know myself pretty well, I'm not looking for every small detail, but i want to get an overall taste from each city/country. To me this would be more about the people (locals and other travelers) then pure sightseeing. So i'm not desperate to see every important sight in each city.


My main goal with this whole thing, is to meet with a bunch of people, and have a small taste from they life, or see where are they heading in life. Honestly i'm looking for inspiration, also i'm hoping that, if i expose myself to different envelopments i might achive that.