2014. július 29., kedd

10 months of (South) East-Asia with 6000 dollars?


Hey r/travel!


I'm finishing my Bachelor's in November 2014 and starting my Master's in September 2015. In between, I wanna spend as much time as possible travelling East Asia! By the time, I should have saved up about 6000 dollars (5000 Euro's) for pure travelling (so exl. gear, flight tickets, vaccinations etc). I'm a fairly xperienced solo traveller, although I've never done a trip by myself for longer than two months. I'm perfectly fine with couchsurfing, uncomfortable overnight transportation, cheap hostels and street food.


I'm definitely planning on going to India, China, Myanmar, Indonesia and maybe the ''classic'' Vietnam/Cambodia/Laos route.


So my question is, is 6000 dollars a reasonable budget for these plans? I'm thinking of doing some volunteer work via wwoof or workaway in every country. That way I can spend quite some time in one place without spending too much money, yet still have the feeling of being far away from home!


Thanks in advance!