2014. július 28., hétfő

Tough decision to make, worth it?


I'm at a point in my life where a big change is needed. I'm 30 with six years of Accounting experience but recently started a job almost four months ago for a good company but it's stressful and unfulfilling work. I have the opportunity to leave my job and move to a really small town in Pennsylvania where I have family I can stay with indefinitely and, at the same time, help out my grandparents who are getting older. My grandmother has early stages of Alzheimer's so I'd especially like to spend some time with her as well. I have $20k saved up but I'm having a really hard time coming to terms on such a move. My uncle also knows a ton of people and could get me a well-paying job when want one -- he works in the oil and gas field as an executive so he has major pull in the area.


I wake up everyday wishing I had the nerve to turn in my two weeks notice and make it real but it's very daunting to actually go through with. I don't want to regret not doing this as I've wanted to for a few years now -- take some time for myself to decide where I want life to head instead of go from one job to the next.


I don't take changes that well but I'm certain I could adjust to the slower pace of time and gain clarity for myself.


Thoughts?