2014. május 31., szombat

Traveller letters: Why I object to your objection to kids in business class.


This whole argument seems ludicrous to me. Should I be able to object to a bearded man sitting in business class? Or someone taller than me? The children sitting in business class (or likely their parents) have paid a business class fare for a business class seat, and are therefore as entitled to be there as any other passenger. As for suggesting that a mother could use her first class fare money to buy multiple economy seats, well, you could do the same, buying a cocoon of seats to ensure no other annoying passengers (children or otherwise) are anywhere near you. You say there are no bassinet seats in business class, that is completely untrue, as my family have used these seats on Air France, Etihad and Emirates on numerous occasions. I agree that parents do have a responsibility to look after their children, and ensure they do not annoy other passengers. But i pay for my seats as well, and if you don't like sitting near my children in business class, ask the cabin staff if you can move - we paid for the seats and we have no intention of moving!