2014. május 30., péntek

I need a cheap, safe, clean hotel, motel or hostel to recommend to a visitor from NYC


I'm not sure when they can come yet because money (flying from the West Coast) is a serious problem. I wish I could give them a place to crash, but I am living with family. What I'd like to do is help them find someplace safe in Manhattan (or across the river in downtown Brooklyn) that is safe, bedbug-free, subway accessible, and where they won't have to share a toilet.


On hostels.com I can't even tell how to find places with private bathrooms (as opposed to rooms with no toilet facility within--just rooms with showers and sinks). I would like to find a deal for $175 and under per night, three nights, possibly in fall or winter (worst seasons, I know.)


I see a lot of hostels with shared bathrooms.


Is there such a thing as a hostel that offers private toilet accommodations? When should I get them to come--summer? Late Fall? Before Christmas?