2014. május 31., szombat

HELP! I absolutely cannot sleep on planes.


Hi! I've been a longtime lurker of this sub but never posted. I need some advice around the topic of sleeping on planes; I searched but cannot seem to find an old topic that quite covers my issues.


I'm normally a good sleeper but I cannot sleep on planes. It's the last frontier of sleeping whereever that I have to conquer. I hate sleeping sitting up, and the air-rushing noise in the plane doesn't make it any better. I've tried earplugs, eye covers, soothing music, everything and I can't make it work. This fall I'm going on an adventure to central China and, while looking at the plane tickets, by far the cheapest are ones that fly to Asia overnight (I'm in California). I want to book, but flying during the day so I won't be exhausted and stay up for days at a time will simply be prohibitively expensive.


Would love to hear from some others in my position who are now success stories. Should I just drug myself or what? And if so, on what drugs? :p