2014. május 30., péntek

Advice for a trip to Japan


I start my full-time career in August so before that, I want to do a solo-dolo trip to Japan. Whenever I meet Japanese people here in New York, they're always really impressionable and I've always been fascinated by their culture. Plus doing this by myself seems like a really great experience.


I'd like to go for anywhere between 10-14 days. I'm also looking to spend anywhere between 3,000-4,000 USD. Can anyone who has gone before give me any advice on planning this? What cities should I check out aside from Tokyo? Would I just get one hotel and hop around city to city? Would their train system work well for that? And if I did stay in one city, what city should I look to stay in that would be reasonably priced?


I'd really appreciate all the info and would love to hear some stories as well! Thanks.