2014. május 30., péntek

Looking for travel backpack recommendations for a month-long backpacking trip through Western Europe


I am traveling with one friend, leaving in June and returning in July. We are visiting Spain, France, Italy, Switzerland, Belgium, The Netherlands, and Denmark. This will be my first extended backpacking trip


I am 6' 1", and my torso seems to be around 18.5 inches (based on attempts at measuring myself, I'm going to have a friend measure me later). I weight 180 lbs.


I would like a pack that fits as a carry-on, which for our airline is 55 x 40 x 23 cm (21.65 x 15.75 x 9.06 in)


My budget limit is around $200; I could be convinced to go higher if it was really worth it, however.


I have checked out the Osprey Farpoint 40 and the North Face Overhaul 40; both seem to be solid but have their issues. I was wondering if anyone could recommend other bags I should check out, or had insight into the packs I've been looking at. Thanks!