2014. május 29., csütörtök

Dear r/travel My Wife and are taking our honeymoon to Italy, We're hoping for 10 days. Goal travel dates Goal travel dates would be September 16th- October 5th. Need help please see post for more details.


Some background info: My wife and I were just married May 11th, 2014. When we first met we both said our dream was to do our honeymoon in Italy. We both just graduated from advanced degrees and she is studying for her bar exam this summer while I work. Which is why we have set the honeymoon date for Mid to late September. I have been looking for months for deals, tours, cruises, group trips. The best flights I have found are around $1,300 with massive layovers. I need help finding cheap flights the goal is round trip under $1,000 a person. Our goal lodging cost is $100 a day. We want to be able to do all travel and lodging for $3,000 or under.


Next we want to see and experience all that Italy has to offer with some of the main attractions of course. So really, I am reaching out for some expertise and guidance on traveling to Italy, where to stay, where to eat, and not fall into tourist traps.


Starting point Tampa or Orlando Florida.


Goal is Ten days, I have a full 10 vacations days to use but my hope is to not have to use all of them. So ideally 4 of the days would be weekend days and the other 6 week days.


As to itinerary the must haves are Rome, Florence, Venice. A few Vineyards. Possible extended things, day trip to Paris or to Niece.


Goal budget for 10 days with no food, would be $2000 for flights (preferably under $2000 for the both of us), and $1000-$1500 for housing. We’re trying to keep that budget tight, tight, tight so we can enjoy the rest of our trip.


Goal travel dates would be September 16th- October 5th.


Thank you so much for your help. I really do appreciate any guidance and help you can give. If anyone wants to help and wants more clarifications please comment and I will respond as soon as humanly possible.