2014. május 25., vasárnap

Books about general world travel - IE not Travel "Guides", more like a long-distance/long-term travel "Textbook"?


r/travel,


As a "beginner" traveler looking at doing a working vacation (that will hopefully turn into further travel opportunities) I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good informative book that goes through all of the major aspects of living away from home for a long time.


I know there are travel guides that give information on a specific country or area, but what I'm looking for is an all-encompassing book about travel in itself... As I mentioned in the title, almost like a textbook - let's be honest, some of you guys could probably teach a college course on travel, there's definitely enough considerations to fill a decent sized accompanying textbook.


Does anyone know of something that might fit the bill? More specifically I'm planning on doing a working holiday in New Zealand (from Canada, still open to other suggestions) this Fall and would love to have something to read to help me plan out the important stuff and also hype me up for the adventure ahead.


Let me know if you'd like more specific information, but I really am looking for a General Travel 101.