2014. május 26., hétfő

3 friends planning a Eurotrip...but we don't know where to start!


I have been wanting to travel to Europe for years, but I did a long program at school so I was never able to in college or with part time work salaries. I have two friends who will be accompanying me, and we aren't quite sure what to expect for costs and travel times or anything. We would like to visit England, (Manchester and London), France, Spain, Italy, and Germany. I am open for suggestions though, because I am not really sure how the trains work, or how I would get to these places. I would probably even be happy staying in just one country depending on the cost. All of my travel companions and I are from WA State, but one is currently living in Oregon.


I don’t know much about overseas travel AT ALL. I have traveled to Canada, (which is really close to where I live) and I have been to Mexico 3 times. I haven’t really been to many states, but I am lucky to have been to Mexico 3 times and I loved it. My Travel Companion #1 has been to Japan, and Travel Companion #2 has traveled to South America. That is about the extent of our long distance travels.


We aren’t really sure where to start with planning this whole thing, and I have come here for advice! I really feel like at 24 now is the time to do this in my life. My amazing mom will be gifting me $5,000 for the trip, which I am forever grateful for.


Length: Anywhere from about 1 week-3 weeks. This really depends on what jobs we have (I am currently looking for a new one) and if we can get the time off. I know we will all be able to get at least a week off, but if I am traveling to multiple countries I would really like to be able to stay for more than a week.


Budget: I have $5,000 coming in and some more money saved. This is pretty much all our budget, but in the time we figure we can save more if need be.


Climate: Well….we do live in the Pacific Northwest so we are used to pretty bipolar weather. I would like to travel in the Spring or early Fall if possible. I know that the Spring and Summer flights are a lot more money as I have noticed.


Interests: We are all interested in art. Seeing the art/history and culture of these places is our main interest. Also, we like to have a good time and dance so seeing the night life would be great too! (I would also really like to do the Smiths tour in Manchester if we can). I’d love to also be able to drink German beer in Germany!



  • also if this is important, I speak a small bit of Spanish, and one of my travel companions knows a fair amount of Japanese. Our group is 2 girls and a guy if that matters too.


Thanks so much for taking the time to read this and giving me advice :)