2014. november 8., szombat

The Penguin and the Rooster (x-post from /r/FinishTheJoke)

Link to original commentTwo friends, a Penguin and a Puffin, were walking down a country road. Suddenly, a Rooster ran up to the Penguin and said to her,"My love, at last we meet again! My heart has longed to gaze upon your face!""I know, I know, you said the same thing yesterday, and the day before that," replied the Penguin. "I told you to stop bothering me!"And so the Penguin and the Puffin continued their walk."He seems cute. Why did you turn him away?" asked the Puffin.And the Penguin said, "He's not cute, he's retarded!""What a terrible thing to say!" said the Puffin. "I think you should at least give him a chance.""I don't know," said the Penguin. "We'll see."The next day, the Penguin and the Puffin were walking down the road when, once again, the Rooster ran up to the Penguin."My love! Let us run away, get married, and start a new life together!""I'll tell you what," said the Penguin, exasperated. "A male penguin's responsibility is to take care of an egg until it hatches while the female goes away to store up food. If you can prove to me that you would make a good husband and father by taking care of an egg, then I will marry you.""Of course, my love!" exclaimed the Rooster. "I would do anything for you!"Later that day, the Penguin met up with the Rooster."Here is my egg," she said. "I will be back when it hatches. If you can take care of it, I will be your wife, but if not you must leave me alone."The Rooster dutifully sat on the egg every day, but as weeks went by and still the egg did not hatch, the Rooster began to despair."Maybe the chick will not come out because I do not sound like a penguin," he thought. So the Rooster made penguin noises as often as he could, but more time passed and the egg still did not hatch."Maybe the chick will not come out because I do not smell like a penguin," he thought. So the Rooster ate fish and swam in cold water until he thought he smelled like a penguin, but even more time passed and the egg still did not hatch."Maybe the chick will not come out because I do not look like a penguin," he thought. So the Rooster went to a field of blackberries and rooled around in the thickets until the berries had dyed his feathers. But when he went back and sat on the egg, he began to cry and said to himself, "I don't sound like a penguin, I don't smell like a penguin, and I certainly don't look like a penguin! I can never be this chick's father!"Back on the country road, the Penguin and the Puffin were walking and talking as usual. "Whatever happened to you and that Rooster?" asked the Puffin."Oh, it didn't work out," replied the Penguin.At that moment, the two walk by the place where the Penguin had left the Rooster and saw him hunched over and sobbing, feathers dark purple from the berries. The Puffin, not recognizing him, asks the Penguin,"Is that an eggplant sitting on that soccer ball?"And the Penguin says, "He's not an eggplant, he's retarded!"