My wife and I are considering two trips: 1) South Africa or 2) South America, including Colombia, Argentina and possibly a third country.
Either trip would take place this summer and would run 5-6 weeks. I have been to Peru before and liked it a lot. My wife has not been to Peru, but we did go to Central America together. We both love cultural and nature experiences.
If we went to South Africa, we would likely fly into Cape Town, rent a car and drive around to Johannesburg and Kruger National Park along the coast visiting parks and wineries as we go.
If we went to South America, we would likely fly into Buenos Aires, go to Iguazu and possible Salta and then continue on to Colombia. If we had time, I could be talked into going back to Peru or visiting Bolivia, Ecuador or another country in the region.
I guess I'm asking reddit's advice because both trips seem like such great opportunities that we are having a hard time making our minds up as to which we would like to jump into. Please help us make up our minds! We want to book this no later than Friday morning!