Hello all, I hope you can help me out. I've just left my job in Detroit and start a new job overseas in August. So, for most of the month of July I can travel whenever I want. I do not have to worry about the cost of airfare within the continental United States. My question is: in this situation, where would you go?
Details
- I have been all over England, Scotland, Sweden, Ireland, Spain, Italy, Czech Republic, France, Germany, the Netherlands, and the Midwest US (most places between Michigan and Florida).
- I've done couch surfing everywhere I've traveled.
- I feel that traveling is about collecting experiences and managing discomfort. I'll sleep in cars and airports. I don't need much.
- My favorite experience I've ever had while traveling was walking alone down the abandoned high way that used to run to Centralia, Pennsylvania.
- I'd like to spend less than $500 (not including airfare)
So travelers, what are the must see or unknown treasures I should explore/experience before I leave our country?