I'm going to be in India this December with my parents and brother to visit family. I haven't been in over five years and honestly other than meeting family, I don't really have much to do there. Every time I go I'm stuck in a car (with more people than should be in one) driving around to visit a family relation that's more nebulous than the English claim on Normandy.
So I'm thinking on my way to India, I stop over at Tokyo and spend a couple of days. I've never been to any Asian countries other than India or Singapore so I'm pretty clueless about things to do.
Does this sound like a good idea or is better to put it off until when I can spend a few weeks in Japan? Because if I do go now it's going to be entirely in Tokyo.
Edit:
So the days will be around Dec 22-25 (probably will be leaving around Christmas Day). I'm very likely going to just spend time wandering around Tokyo (Akihabra, other touristy areas), eat sushi (my dream is to get a reservation for Jiro but that's unlikely to happen), and go to a few bars.
My ideal Japanese vacation includes traveling around the country. I really want to check out Kyoto, Okinawa, the Northern Islands, etc. Check out historical sites, go to Mount Fuji, etc. But I realize that's all not possible with 2 days.