I'm 22, living in Boston. I'm a research assistant studying cognitive neuroscience, finished my undergraduate degree in 2012. I'm trying to figure out what the best use of my 2 weeks of vacation would be, and I'm willing to spend around $1,000 of my savings if it's a worthy experience.
I love the outdoors, I'm a little obsessed with space, and I'm a very creative person. I enjoy photography, drawing, woodworking, baking, glassworking, small metalwork, juggling and video production.
I'm very open to different ideas. I'm considering going on a long hiking/camping trip to do a tiny bit of the Appalachian trail, or flying somewhere to volunteer or hang out. I would love some kind of two week program where I could learn or improve a skill like my glassworking (I've only done lampwork with soft glass so far) or other hobbies. I don't really know what's out there, so I'm asking you!
What was your most rewarding vacation experience?