Hey everyone,
So I'm travelling with 2 friends and the only things we have booked is our flight into Lisbon and our flight out of Barcelona.
Age: Mid-twenties.
Budget: Budget. We'll be staying in pretty much the cheapest/best value hostels we can find. Will splurge to do cool stuff / buy beer.
Style: I love seeing places that are naturally beautiful/unique more so than architecture. I love doing adventure type things, like I heard in the Algarve you can go cave exploring, which sounds amazing. It would be cool to enjoy some nightlife. I don't mean going to Ibiza but I've had some amazing experiences going to clubs in medium sized towns while travelling.
I was thinking
- Lisbon - Arrive Day 1, Leave Day 2
- Lagos - Arrive Day 2, Day 3, Leave Day 4
- Seville - Arrive Day 4, Day 5, Leave Day 6
- Tangiers - Arrive Day 6, Day 7, Leave Day 8
- Madrid (Via Malaga) - Arrive Day 8, Day 9, Day 10, Leave Day 11
- Barcelona - Arrive Day 11, Day 12, Day 13, Leave Day 14
So, that's what I have tentatively planned. However, all of it is open to change and not set in stone. I know it's a lot of moving around but it's always a struggle to balance breadth vs depth when travelling.
I was also thinking about renting a car when I get to Seville and drop it off in Barcelona. It's about 300 euros for that time (not including many additional fees like tolls, fuel etc.) but it might end up cheaper than using all of the high speed trains I would likely have to take to make the timing work. Thoughts?
If any of you have any insights or comments about my itinerary or have any other places in mind that I might want to see/not want to see, please let me know what you think.
Thank you, Gracias, e Obrigado!