I've never been to Asia and have always wanted to go, especially Japan. I was hoping to reach out to Reddit and get the low-down on a few things. Any help would be much appreciated... more information the better. Your personal experiences with certain areas, places to stay, dos and don'ts, absolutely mandatory excursions, etc. Just really want to get a good idea of how to do this right while watching my wallet. I have saved up a considerable amount of money to spend on this trip but don't know if it is enough and that is another thing I would love to know... necessary costs (unavoidable ones... Like JR), average hostel / hotel costs, general food costs, etc. Also, does anyone know the best flight days for the cost and that sort of thing? (That should be phrased how to get the cheapest flight) Again, the more information the better! Trying to plan this for end of July for two weeks and would be going solo so keep that in mind.
Thank you to anyone with words of wisdom, really cool things to do, and good information. Thanks Reddit!